The Editorial Board of the NUALS Law Journal (ISSN Number 2319-8273) is inviting submissions for the first volume of its 17th Edition (Vol. 17 Issue 1). The Journal, published bi-annually, is the flagship law review of the National University of Advanced Legal Studies and is a multidisciplinary, double-blind reviewed journal.
We welcome submissions, on any topic of law of contemporary relevance, from academicians, legal practitioners, students and researchers from the legal community. All submissions will go through a rigorous review process and possible editing by the Editorial Board.
We accept submissions under the following categories:
- Short Notes: 1500 – 5000 words
- Case Comments: 1500 – 5000 words
- Essays: 3000 – 5000 words
- Articles: 5000 – 10000 words
Word Limits are exclusive of footnotes; however, speaking footnotes must be limited to 50 words. Articles exceeding the word limit may be considered on merit, solely at the discretion of the editorial board.
- Submissions are to be made only in electronic form and must be made via a Google form which can be accessed here.
- The last date for submissions to be considered for the First Issue is on the 25th of October 2022. All submissions after the 25th of October will be considered for the Second Issue. The issue shall be published latest by the month of February 2023.
- All submissions are to contain an abstract, of not more than 250 words, accompanying the article. The abstract must be at the beginning of the article. Please refrain from sending abstracts in separate word document.
- By submitting an article, the author undertakes that the article is an original work and has not been submitted, accepted or published elsewhere.
- Plagiarism will result in summary rejection of the submission.
- Co-authorship is allowed for a maximum of two authors.
- All submissions must follow the Bluebook (20th Edition) style of citation; non-conformity will be a ground for rejection.
- Submissions must be in Times New Roman font, with size 12 and line spacing 1.5.
- All footnotes must be in Times New Roman font, with size 10 and line spacing 1.
- Submissions must be made in .doc/.docx formats only.
- The documents must not contain any identification markers. For e.g., the name of the author after the title, or any other metadata on Word.
Receipt of submission will be intimated to the authors within two weeks of submission. Authors will be periodically updated on the status of review of their piece. If there are any doubts, the board can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
The NUALS Law Journal Blog shall accept submissions from students, legal academicians, and practitioners on a rolling basis, including (but not limited to) articles, research pieces, opinions,
case comments and short notes on any contemporary subject matter related to all the areas of law.
Guidelines for contributions
- Authorship: Co-authorship up to two authors is allowed. Refrain from mentioning the name, institutional affiliation, or any other details of the author(s) in the document to facilitate the double-blind review process.
- Originality: All works must be original and unpublished. Any form of plagiarism will lead to disqualification from publication on the Blog.
- Length: The word limit for the manuscript is 1500 words. This word limit is exclusive of the endnotes (if any). Longer posts may be accepted and published in parts subject to the discretion of the editors – please discuss the same with the Board of Editors.
- Font and spacing: The title of the post should be formatted to Garamond font size 14, All Caps and in bold. The main body of the text should be formatted to Garamond font size 12 with 1.5 line spacing.
- Referencing: All references must be in the form of hyperlinks in the body of the submission. Hyperlinks should be provided to all supporting materials and legal texts for the benefit of the readers. In case no hyperlink is available for any reference, the use of endnotes is recommended. No speaking endnotes or footnotes are allowed.
- Submissions: Submissions must be in a Word format (‘.doc’ or ‘.docx’). Ensure that the title of the document has been renamed to the title of the post. To submit a post for consideration, please fill the Google Form which can be accessed by clicking here.
- All manuscripts will go through a double-blind peer review.
- The review process of each manuscript may take up to 10 days, though the Board of Editors shall endeavour to respond back to the author(s) within a week.
- Please note that the Board will directly provide the decision to accept or reject the manuscript. The amendments and suggestions, if any, shall be communicated to the authors at the earliest convenience.
- If the manuscript has been selected for publication, the authors will be expected to perform any necessary revision in good faith. Authors are also expected to be cooperative when it comes to minor editorial changes which might be necessary even after the submission of the edited manuscript by the author(s).